Monday, June 1, 2009

You do not have to post every waking moment of your life on the internet! You know who you are. Facebook, Myspace, Twitter. No one's life is that exciting to post your daily activity; even the President's.

You have a wicked hotel party, I don't care. I don't want to see ten pictures of you doing shots. Nor do I wish to know that you're going to the gym. Even that your survey says you're a morning person verses night. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Take head binary biographer.

You ask why such animosity for a great media that conveys information, art, and thought? If these clicks and clacks on the keyboard were used properly then I say sure, what an age we live in. But the reality is I see nothing more than hexadecimal pixels of narcissism and blasphemy.

Now this does not apply to those who share the occasional vacation, funny story or article. I write to those who take a hundred pictures a day and post ninety-nine of them. I write to those who are updating their status before they even open the door. I am writing to you who insist on forwarding everything you get because you're afraid you won't have sex for a year if you don't send it to ten people in 2 seconds.

My point is that before you click the upload, post, or send button, STOP. Think and ask, is this really what I want to share to the world, my friends? Really? How about using that grey matter up north that you've been neglecting for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment